SolAngel FanForums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you beleve it?

+6
tOyF@N_05
Chance
Ianmadhatter
Ashanti
Thatsuperstar
KrayzieT
10 posters

Go down

Do you beleve it? Empty Do you beleve it?

Post by KrayzieT Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:24 am

Hits Daily Double which normally posts close to accurate first-day sales of albums sold in U.S. markets, didn’t even mention Solange Knowles’ CD which went on sale yesterday. This does not bode well for Solange who is probably looking at around 10K in first week sales. affraid

The first-day sales are usually an indicator of how well an album does it’s first week out. After reading the comments I have to agree that Solo should have held checked herself instead of checking that anchor woman today. She really showed her true colors and that’s a shame because she was doing so well affraid

^^^Ok so there is no way she can sell just 10 k..I can't believe it. Just because hitsdailydouble didn't mention her?I was wondering why they didn't mention her too, but I figured they were just being asses. They didn't even have her on the list for upcoming releases, that's another reason why I felt she was not mentioned. What do you guys think? I know she has to have more than that her first week...right?
KrayzieT
KrayzieT
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 58
Personal text : I was the one, yes I was the 1
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Do you beleve it? Empty Re: Do you beleve it?

Post by KrayzieT Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:25 am

I got that article from sandrarose.com btw
KrayzieT
KrayzieT
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatsuperstar Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:47 am

KrayzieT wrote:I got that article from sandrarose.com btw

I was just about to say that. I read this earlier. I like Sandra Rose site but she is not a reliable source.

How many albums do ya'll think she will sell?

Im think 100 - 250 Range?
Thatsuperstar
Thatsuperstar
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 164
Personal text : But you cant do it like me.............

http://www.myspace.com/silverspoon_tdh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashanti Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:05 am

if she doesnt sell im gonna feel bad, she has to sell more than the first album.
Ashanti
Ashanti

Number of posts : 133
Personal text : cosmic journey
Registration date : 2008-08-25

http://www.myspace.com/ashantibody

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianmadhatter Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:03 pm

If she doesnt sell it's the Raven-Symone album all over again. Awsome album, but a flop, Anyway Solange album will probably do better than Raven's I mean Solange is actually promoting it.
Ianmadhatter
Ianmadhatter

Number of posts : 35
Personal text : WELCOME TO THE HADLEY ST. DREAMS

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashanti Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:52 pm

Ianmadhatter wrote:If she doesnt sell it's the Raven-Symone album all over again. Awsome album, but a flop, Anyway Solange album will probably do better than Raven's I mean Solange is actually promoting it.

raven who? no comment.
Ashanti
Ashanti

Back to top Go down

Post by KrayzieT Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:08 pm

Her album is #7 on I-tunes overall album charts...the game is #3 and Slipknot is #2 (Her only competition). So yea, 10 k is an unbelieveable number for me
KrayzieT
KrayzieT
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chance Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:29 pm

It's only out two days, way too soon to worry. It may take time to build an audience, she's still fighting perceptions. But it's a strong record, I've yet to hear from anyone who's heard it and didn't like it. It'll climb the charts, no worries. People just need time to be exposed to it.
Chance
Chance
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://iceclothes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by tOyF@N_05 Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:17 am

Ianmadhatter wrote:If she doesnt sell it's the Raven-Symone album all over again. Awsome album, but a flop, Anyway Solange album will probably do better than Raven's I mean Solange is actually promoting it.

I know what you mean... R-S is an AMAZING album, and is great dance music, but nobody knew it was/is in stores. I actually bought it twice, just hoping that I could partially dent her album sales, lol... Besides, wayyy more people know that Solo's album is out and alot of blogs (like Concrete Loop) have been on constant SOLO promo. The Walmart where I got my copy from had a HUGE Solange display that everybody could see when entering the store (fyi, the shelves were almost empty!!!). So, I think her first week sales will be good. Don't forget the support of some Beyonce stans!!!!!!!!
tOyF@N_05
tOyF@N_05
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 55
Personal text : I'm A Roller, Just Check My Calendar!!!
Registration date : 2008-08-22

http://www.myspace.com/mrkelis

Back to top Go down

Post by Chance Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:25 am

The Walmart where I got my copy from had a HUGE Solange display that everybody could see
Lucky you. I went on the 26th and they had nuthin'. No display, no CDs and nobody who had a clue what I was talking about. Serves me right for not knowing better, I don't know why I physically bother to go out looking for music anymore. Everything you need is a click away at Amazon.
Chance
Chance
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-28

http://iceclothes.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SignedSincerely Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:08 am

Ashanti wrote:if she doesnt sell im gonna feel bad, she has to sell more than the first album.

yes. this album 100X better
SignedSincerely
SignedSincerely
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by tOyF@N_05 Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:51 am

Chance wrote:
The Walmart where I got my copy from had a HUGE Solange display that everybody could see
Lucky you. I went on the 26th and they had nuthin'. No display, no CDs and nobody who had a clue what I was talking about. Serves me right for not knowing better, I don't know why I physically bother to go out looking for music anymore. Everything you need is a click away at Amazon.

Oh, I went on the 27th & I barely stayed in Walmart 10 mins... I had to run & cop Janelle Monae's album, then I was out!
tOyF@N_05
tOyF@N_05
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatsuperstar Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:25 am

=

[/quote]Oh, I went on the 27th & I barely stayed in Walmart 10 mins... I had to run & cop Janelle Monae's album, then I was out![/quote]

Did you like her album or ep I might say?
Thatsuperstar
Thatsuperstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashanti Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:29 am

tOyF@N_05 wrote:
Chance wrote:

Oh, I went on the 27th & I barely stayed in Walmart 10 mins... I had to run & cop Janelle Monae's album, then I was out!

im trying to get into janelle monae but i just cant =x
solanges album is #1 on itunes by the way.
Ashanti
Ashanti

Back to top Go down

Post by george Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:57 pm

She isn't even listed under new releases on the site so we won't know the final numbers until billboard releases them.
george
george
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashanti Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:14 pm

george wrote:She isn't even listed under new releases on the site so we won't know the final numbers until billboard releases them.

by next week we should know Smile
Ashanti
Ashanti

Back to top Go down

Post by tOyF@N_05 Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:05 am

Did you like her album or ep I might say?

There's not that much music to grow into because there are only 5 full songs & 2 interludes on the ep & i'd already heard them all so I knew what I was getting when I bought it (just like the Sol-Angel album). All in all, I think it's worth the $6.99 that it costed me...
tOyF@N_05
tOyF@N_05
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by tOyF@N_05 Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:14 am

Ashanti wrote:
tOyF@N_05 wrote:
Chance wrote:

im trying to get into janelle monae but i just cant =x
solanges album is #1 on itunes by the way.

I love an artist that can tell a story with an uptempo song (i.e. Solange, Kelis, Estelle, La Toya!!! & JANET, Dannii!!! & Kylie, etc...), so I was really into Janelle from the first time I'd heard "Violet Stars Happy Hunting!!!". Janelle has previously released an album circa 2003... It's not half bad, maybe you should look it up?
tOyF@N_05
tOyF@N_05
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Greenlee Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:39 am

If they didn't print any numbers in their article for Solange's CD then where does the 10,000 units for the week come from? Is it 10,000 units for the first day sales or is that is what is projected for the entire week?
Greenlee
Greenlee
Fan
Fan

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by KrayzieT Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:08 pm

Greenlee wrote:If they didn't print any numbers in their article for Solange's CD then where does the 10,000 units for the week come from? Is it 10,000 units for the first day sales or is that is what is projected for the entire week?

The way how it was worded made it seem it was that for the first week sales. But we all know that's sooo not going to happen. The Labor day holiday may actually help her sales..she is #1 on the R&B album charts on I-tunes...she was in the top ten but now she dropped to #14....but nothing to worry about, those Itunes sales charts fluctuates throughout the days...If you want you can track her sales on the website starting monday...well maybe tuesday since it is a holiday
KrayzieT
KrayzieT
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Do you beleve it? Empty Just found this

Post by Thatsuperstar Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:11 pm

Thatsuperstar
Thatsuperstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashanti Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:18 pm

Crying or Very sad
i wish something magical happens, i mean afterall the good reviews and praise she got online just to see this.
we need to make a campaign/movement like the dc3, ashanti, lil'kim, michelle, kelly fans.
promote.promote.promote.

hopefully with the release of the t.o.n.y. video things will pick up.
i decided became a #1 single ...
sandcastle disco made it to #4 on trl.

if we can keep atleast sandcastle disco on the trl countdown for awhle - try to get it to #1 ...
they can invite her back to perform it will be good.

we also need to get it on the 106 & park countdown so we can keep her and this album relevant and not washed away like her first album.
Ashanti
Ashanti

Back to top Go down

Post by Thatsuperstar Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:28 pm

I hear everything your saying Ashanti! To some point we have but not like really could. This is very disappointing but we will see. Of cousre she say she doesn't care about numbers but at the end of the do you do have to,,,your fans, label, manager and etc.

We need to get something started seriously! Mad
Thatsuperstar
Thatsuperstar
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mimi819 Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:29 am

Hey guys im new to this forum but I just literally left wal-mart 15 minutes ago.I listened to the album on Solo's myspace page and it was hot so I went out a brought it and that was the one and only copy they had left it was sold out so I really hope that she sell more then whats projected.
mimi819
mimi819
Just joined
Just joined

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KrayzieT Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:34 am

I've searched high and low for that article on the website and I haven't found it...hmm..well I mean that would be disappointing but we will see as the week starts...as they said alot can change within 2 days. SO hopefully it does Very Happy
KrayzieT
KrayzieT
Fan
Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum